Pace Development was founded as a family business by R. Stephen Pace in 1979. On his first project, a 26-home site located in an east Charlotte neighborhood named Elwood, Pace drove a tandem truck to help haul dirt during the grading of the first home sites. Throughout the years, our typical project grew to encompass well over 2000 homes and offer a myriad of amenities, helping create some of the region's finest communities. Today, we continue to develop both commercial and residential projects, and also serve individual property owners with construction management and custom home building services.
In 1994, Pace Development Group was incorporated and welcomed Stephen's son, Brian Pace to its ranks. Brian came with a background of engineering and commercial construction experience having previously worked with national builder, Centex Construction. He also came with a civil engineering background and a general contracting license, allowing Pace to expand it's scope to construction management and home building.
Pace understands family commitment and have great respect for the history of our area. We are proud of our roots as a family owned and operated business, and we are committed to serving our community through various industry, municipal, charitable and civic organizations.
Credentials and Awards
While we have received a plethora of accolades and awards, the real proof of our excellence is seen in the communities we have created. That said, the following is a sampling of industry recognition and our credentials.
- Unlimited Licensed NC and SC General Contractor
- Licensed CPA on staff
- Licensed Real Estate Brokerage Firm
- Members of the Arbor Foundation
- Recipient of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Treasure Tree Award
- Recipient of Various Industry Related Marketing Achievement Awards
- Homebuilders Association of Charlotte - Past President & Board Member
- North Carolina Home Builders - President 2016, Region VI VP 2010-2013, Executive Board member 2013-2016
- NCHBA Volume Builders Council - Charter member
- National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) - Builder Director, Land Development Committee, Public Affairs Committee Member
- REBIC (Real Estate Building Industry Coalition) Board of Governors
- Charlotte Mecklenburg Subdivision Steering Committee
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Utility Department-Developer Liaison Committee
- Charlotte Mecklenburg Environmental Protection Commission
From its inception, Pace Development has recruited the best possible team of employees to help accomplish its corporate goals and mission. Experienced project managers and administrative and accounting professionals are at the core of our operation.
Principal, Brian Pace, after receiving a degree in civil engineering from NC State University in 1992, spent over five years working for Centex Construction, then joined forces with his father, Stephen Pace, to form Pace Development Group. This combination of talent represents two generations of home building experience behind the Pace name.
[ more... ]
Principal Eric Smith graduated with an Economics degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He has worked in the environmental services/remediation, site development and land acquisition and development industry for twenty-five years. He joined Pace Development in 2014.
[ more... ]
Bill Bondurant, project manager, joined Pace in 2013 with years of experience leading the Production, Operations and Sales teams of several Charlotte-area construction companies. Raised in a small town west of Charlotte, he is a graduate of UNC-Chapel Hill.
[ more... ]